If you’re not careful, the combination of cooler temperatures and shorter days can turn the fall season into flu season. Here are some DIY tips to safeguard against seasonal health problems:
- Add the following foods to your diet: Avocados, bananas, mangoes, peaches, lemons, asparagus, pumpkins, quinoa, oatmeal, almonds, sesame seeds, winter squash, yams, carrots and beets. Include spices like cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Instead of ice cold drinks, enjoy warm herbal teas.
- Smoking dries out and irritates the respiratory system. Quit. Just quit.
- Follow the C.S.T.M. routine: Cleansing, Scrubbing, Toning and Moisturizing. Keep using sun block!
- Drink 8 glasses of warm water a day. Take it in a tea, if you’d like.
- Wear appropriate warm clothing and shoes, both inside and outside.
- Try to relax, take time to unwind, and nurture yourself.