Lavender essential oil is not just an ordinary aromatic wonder, it has multiple benefits. Here are some interesting ways to use this oil outside the spa:
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil with some Epsom salt to your bath water for a relaxing soak, after a long tiring day at work.
- If you have trouble sleeping at night, just add a drop or two to your pillow case before you head to bed. Its sweet fragrance will help you relax and snooze better.
- Minor burns caused by a hot iron or cooking pot can be calmed by applying some lavender oil to the irritated skin. This will relieve the redness and swelling. If the stinging sensation persists, be sure to consult your doctor immediately.
- Adding about five drops of lavender oil to your DIY cleaning mixture will pack it up with natural antibacterial properties, and a fragrance that will cheer you up.
- You can also use lavender oil after shaving, to soothe and soften the rough skin, and to reduce the redness and burning that usually follows.