It doesn’t matter whether you’re on a date, at a lunch meet, or are brunching with the in-laws, bad breath is a definite no-no. Don’t get flustered if you’re out of chewing gum. Here are six solutions to fix the problem instantly:
- That sprig of parsley, cilantro or mint sitting pretty atop your entrée is perfect to banish the pong, resulting from sulfides given off by the bacteria in dental plaque. Chewing on these herb garnishes is a quick fix. Just remember to wash down the green bits with some water, so they don’t get stuck in your teeth.
- One of the main causes of bad breath is a dry mouth. Relieve it with a slice of cucumber. Place it on your tongue and press it up on the roof of your mouth for 90 seconds. It will hydrate and cool your mouth enough to neutralize bad odor.
- Spicy food increases saliva production, which washes away odor causing bacteria, so feel free to pop some cardamom or cinnamon to sweeten your breath naturally.
- Douse your pearlies with vitamin C by opting for desserts that have berries, citrusy oranges or lemons, even crunchy apples.
- Instead of the mandatory post-dessert coffee, opt for lemon tea, since the lemon will banish any garlic flavor left behind from the meal.
- If you’re drinking, avoid sugary cocktails, which bind to the teeth and trigger the odor-causing bacteria. Choose sugar-free mojito, since it has mint and alcohol, both of which will kill bad odor.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
Don’t Let Bad Breath Stop You From Kissing: 7 Natural Remedies