5 Salt Hacks For Smart Home Care
2 mins read
Salt is everyone’s culinary favorite but not many know of its potential uses in and around the house. Yes, salt is probably the most important ingredient in your kitchen, but here’s how you can put it to good use to fix some common household issues.
- Fight The Mildew: Use salt to clean mildew stains and odor from your clothes. Mix salt with lemon juice, make a paste and rub it on the affected area. Let it dry, preferably in sunlight, and wash it off later.
- Get Rid Of Grease: Fed up of cleaning greasy pots and pans? Cover it with a layer of salt and put a little water over it. Let it sit for 20 minutes. The solution will soften the grease and you can wipe it off easily.
- Clean Wine Stains: Wine stains can be tricky to deal with. Make it easy by sprinkling some salt over the fresh stain. Wait for 5-10 minutes, pour some cold water and rub until the stain fades off.
- For The Fireplace: It can be a bit of a wait when the last few flames are still glowing in your fireplace, and you wish to leave. Douse the flames with salt and watch them die off. Salt will also make it easy to assemble the residue, thus making the cleaning up fast and simple.
- Keep Your Sneakers Odor-Free: Deodorize your canvas shoes/sneakers by sprinkling some salt over them every now and then. Salt particles will absorb the moisture from your shoes and neutralize the smell. They’re easy to brush off too.
You May Also Enjoy
Avoid those chemical-laden bug repellents and make your own natural spray to get rid of garden more >>