With its strong aroma and delicious taste, garlic is a kitchen favorite. Who doesn’t enjoy that sharp garlicky flavor? But this superfood is not just limited to cooking. Find out what garlic can do for you:
1. Aids Weight Loss: While the flavor may appeal to your taste buds, several studies claim that garlic contains a compound that sends your brain signals of satiety. This helps you feel fuller. It also boosts metabolic activity, thus burning more calories.
2. Mosquito Repellent: If you don’t mind the pungent smell, garlic can be used to ward off mosquitos too. You can make an effective garlic spray by mixing minced cloves of garlic with an ounce of mineral oil. Let the mix blend well for a day, then strain and mix 2 cups of water and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice. Store it in a spray bottle and apply it to your skin to keep pesky mosquitos away, naturally.
3. Keep Garden Pests Away: Use the above concoction to keep bugs and pests away from your garden too. Spray the solution on the infested plant to keep it bug-free.
4. DIY Cleaner: Chop 3 cloves of garlic and put them in a spray bottle. Fill this bottle with white vinegar, and a drop or two of lemon oil. You can now use this natural homemade cleaner to shine cooktops and tabletops.
5. Natural Glue: Garlic is a natural adhesive. You can crush a clove, and use the liquid as glue.