We’ve told you that meditation can help you feel more calm and relaxed, but as it turns out, there’s a strong link between meditation and success as well.
According to a recent study, however intently some people may try, they won’t excel at their chosen job, sport or hobby even if they practice hard. The real key to perfection lies in our mind, and some people are naturally successful because they have ‘highly-integrated’ brains that are fine-tuned for creativity. With that being said, this study conducted by Dr Fred Travis of Maharishi University of Management, goes on to reveal the people who aren’t blessed with such brain functions can resort to meditation to help train their brain.
He suggested the use of transcendental meditation, which was once recognized as a hippie practice. This technique is said to wash away anxieties and fear by helping people forgo their thoughts and enter a state of complete relaxation.
Many celebrities and successful people like Sir Paul McCartney, Katy Perry, Ellen DeGeneres, Hugh Jackman, and Gisele Bündchen practice transcendental meditation. Here’s how it can benefit you too.
1. Increase Focus: Meditation can clear the mind of distractions, helping you focus on the immediate present. Developing a skill for heightened concentration can lead to increased efficiency in various aspects of your life.
2. Fight The Effects Of Stress: Meditation can be very relaxing to the body and mind. It can be a tool to break up difficult or lingering emotions, which can relieve stress. With lesser stress you can function and concentrate better.
3. Reduce Depression & Anxiety: Through meditation, a person will learn how to dissolve negative thoughts. Depression, anxiety and other difficult emotions can be tackled and eliminated.
4. Nurture Positive Behavior: Meditation encourages self-awareness and acceptance. In turn, one becomes more tolerant and forgiving of others.
5. Improves A Person’s Overall Performance: By making the mind and body healthier, an overall sense of wellness can be achieved. By clearing and focusing the mind, the body becomes healthier and stronger. This can benefit your personal life, which in turn will influence your career in a positive way.