For some men, growing facial hair can be quite a task. It either grows too fast or not fast enough, plus it’s a challenge to maintain it. Most people don’t realize that you have to treat the hair on your face like the hair on your head. Facial hair needs to be washed, trimmed, and conditioned with a good beard oil in order to keep it well-groomed, making a DIY grooming kit a convenient option for men.
DIY Grooming Kit: Natural Beard Oil
The good news is that you don’t need to go to a salon to purchase an expensive maintenance kit when you can make your own beard oil with most of the oils you already have in your kitchen cabinet.
This beard oil has been carefully formulated to meet all of your beards needs with a generous amount of coconut oil to lightly moisturize your skin while gently removing sebum (oil) build-up that can result in acne. The jojoba oil present also helps soothe irritated skin while clearing your pores.
Not only is this oil beneficial for reducing oil production, it can also promote hair growth too. Argan oil contains a high amount of vitamin E that’s essential for hair growth, while the peppermint essential oil acts as a vasodilator, improving blood circulation for better hair growth.
Beard Oil Ingredients
- 2 oz. Jojoba Oil
- 2 oz. Pure Argan Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 9 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 12 Drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
Beard Oil Instructions
- To a bottle, add the jojoba oil, argan oil, and coconut oil.
- Next, add the essential oils
- Place lid on bottle tightly and shake well; perform a skin test first to make sure your skin reacts well.
Organic Shaving Cream
This is a shaving cream that both you and your man will enjoy. You will love how soft and supple your skin feels and how great you will feel knowing that you are using ingredients provided by Mother Nature.
This recipe is specially crafted to help protect and cater to your sensitive skin while providing a clean and nice shave. The avocado oil promotes healthy youthful skin and relieves sagging skin and wrinkles. Shea butter helps reduce inflammation, while coconut oil gently cleanses and hydrates dull looking skin.
Shaving Cream Ingredients
- 2/3 Cup Pure Shea Butter
- 2/3 Cup. Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Castile Soap
- 10 Drops Eucalyptus
- 10 Drops Lavender
Shaving Cream Instructions
- In a large bowl, melt the shea butter and coconut oil together in the microwave.
- Add avocado oil and place in the refrigerator until mixture becomes solid.
- Remove from the fridge and blend mixture for about 5 to 10 minutes until you get a thick consistency.
- Add castile soap and essential oil blend again.
- Perform a skin test and place in a container.
A good aftershave is one that can effectively keep your pores clean while expelling bacteria to help prevent acne. With essential ingredients like bay rum and witch hazel, this aftershave acts as a natural astringent to get rid of foul odor and leave your oily skin feeling and smelling fresh.
Not only does it help prevent acne, the essential oils present in this aftershave help the healing process of your skin as well. Black pepper essential oil and cinnamon leaf oil help heal the skin due to their antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Sweet orange essential oil and rose water help minimize wrinkles and improve your overall skin complexion.
Herbal Aftershave Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp. Bay Rum
- 4 oz. Witch Hazel
- 1 oz. Rose Water
- 20 Drops Bay Leaf
- 4 Drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 8 Drops Sweet Orange
- 5 Drops Lemon Grass
Herbal Aftershave Instructions
- Add witch hazel and bay rum to a large bowl.
- Next, add essential oils one at a time and mix well each time.
- Now, add the mixture into a glass container and enjoy.
Whether he’s growing his beard out, shaving it off, or just simply maintaining it, this DIY beard oil, shaving cream, and aftershave made from organic ingredients is a gift that any man and his facial hair would surely appreciate.