Spending long hours at your desk in front of a computer screen, with a compromised diet and work pressure can put a lot of strain on your mental and physical health. With these tips, you can ensure optimum health and well-being in your professional life.
1. Keep Water Handy: Carry a bottle of water and be sure to hydrate yourself at regular intervals. This way, you’ll be able to maintain healthy oxygen flow in your body, especially the brain, and keep drowsiness at bay. Flavored water or fruit-based waters are interesting ways to drink more.
2. Stick To Home-Cooked Meals: Nothing substitutes a wholesome homemade meal. You’ll be sure that you’re not consuming any artificial flavors or preservatives, using only as much sugar, salt and/or spices as needed, which are otherwise put in excess and can affect you adversely. Plus, you can customize your meal with healthy favorites. Cook big batches during the weekend, and freeze for use through the week.
3. Don’t Be Too Hard On Yourself: Work is important, but you’ll not be able to give it your best with a tired mind and body. Don’t work over lunch break, and close your eyes and relax for a few minutes every hour. This clears your mind and keeps you active. Here are some other ways to establish a healthy and calm workplace routine.
4. Invest In Your Comfort: Make easy ergonomic adjustments. Get a comfortable chair and place the mouse and keyboard as close together as possible. Mind your posture. Your back should be aligned against the chair, and avoid hunching or leaning forward.
5. Go Easy On The Caffeine: Gulping down several cups of coffee/tea to keep you awake at work, is not doing you any good. Caffeine consumption is linked to several health issues such as a speedy heartbeat, high blood pressure, anxiety, restlessness, and irritability. Yes, it tastes divine and gives you an instant energy boost, but can also cause a quick energy crash. What’s more dangerous, however, is caffeine addiction. Stick to a cup or two, at most. Here are some healthy alternatives to keep you up and running all day long.
PS: Explore our Wellness section for spa DIY, natural home care and more.
Here’s your complete guide to Emotional Well-being.