You matter. You’re not broken. You’re stronger than you think. Writer Vironika Tugaleva throws light on the formula of happy living. Believing that we can deal with a situation is half the battle won. That’s the strength of positive thinking. Our emotional and physical wellness is shaped by it.
Positive self-talk has tremendous impact on our wellbeing. Your thoughts create your beliefs, which create your reality. Our mood largely depends on our thoughts. So many thoughts are involuntary, and sometimes, we aren’t even aware we were having them. When we have negative thoughts, it affects our mood and our feelings. “By becoming more aware of our thoughts and positive self-talk, we can improve our mood.
When feeling overwhelmed and frustrated, remind yourself that you can handle this. Repeat affirmations like ‘I got this’ and ‘I am fully capable and worthy of greatness’ or ‘don’t let perfection get in the way of progress, I can do this.’ Often when faced with a challenge, we think to ourselves ‘I have a problem.’ Try changing that to ‘I have an opportunity’ and ‘I will do this’ ” suggests Cara Maksimow, Therapist, Maximize Wellness Counseling & Coaching LLC.
Establish positive self-talk patterns. It might be a simple and general ‘I’m capable,’ or something more specific such as ‘I’ve given speeches before, I can do it again’, says licensed psychologist Melissa Otero.
You can use Lisa Schmidt’s daily mantras to embrace and enjoy the power of positive thinking:
- I can have anything I want
- I will live in the present
- Rejection just makes way for a better opportunity
- I will stop seeking perfection in an imperfect world
- I am grateful today for _____________
- I am choosing happiness over pain
- I can let go. Letting go is not giving up or forfeit
- I won’t look back. I’m not going that way
- My success can and will transform others
- I am capable of knocking down every door
- Strength takes just as much effort as fear
- I am confident in my ability to reach my goals
- I can help others by being the best damn version of me
- I believe that I am worthy of success
Don’t restrict yourself to these affirmations. At times, it’s helpful to come up with your own personal mantra to help yourself get through a rough patch. So what’s your positive phrase?