According to Ayurveda, there are seven energy centers or chakras in the human body. These chakras have a huge influence on your physical, mental and spiritual state. Get to know your chakras using the guide below:
- Crown chakra: Connected to the brain and located on top of the head, it controls your mind, intellect and perception.
- Third-eye chakra or brow chakra: Located between the eyebrows, it is the source of originality, intuition, insight and imagination.
- Throat chakra: Located between the chin and the top of the sternum, it is the source of sound and controls communication.
- Heart chakra: Located at the center of the chest, it is responsible for emotions like compassion, hope and love.
- Power chakra or solar plexus: Located just above the navel and below the chest, it governs discipline, determination and self-sufficiency.
- Naval chakra: Located in the lower abdomen, it is related to desire, love and other passions.
- Base or root chakra: Located directly at the base of the spine, it is responsible for prosperity and personal safety.