Vata skin is often thin, dry, and susceptible to premature wrinkling. The right diet can do wonders to protect and nourish your sensitive skin during the change of seasons.
Be sure to eat the following foods:
- Eggs, garlic and asparagus. These foods are rich in sulfur, which is great for your skin.
- Flax seed contains essential fatty acids, which will help make dry skin moist and supple.
- Brussels sprouts, parsnips, pumpkin, cauliflower, cucumber, broccoli, leafy green vegetables, apricots, carrots, leeks, pumpkin, and onions.
- Turnips and winter squash in moderation.
- Raw foods. Not just vegetables and fruits, but also grains, seeds, and nuts.
There are also foods and beverages you should avoid:
- Fried foods, animal fats and heat-processed vegetable oils.
- Soft drinks and other junk foods.
- Alcohol and caffeine. (These substances have a diuretic effect, which can deprive you of essential fluids and minerals.)