If one futurologist is right, human-to-robot sex will be more common than human-to-human sex by 2050.
In his prediction about the future of sex, Dr. Ian Pearson claims that having sex with a humanoid robot will be a common phenomenon just a few decades from now, according to a report released in partnership with Bondara, one of the UK's leading sex toy shops. His prediction comes stems from the sex market's growing demand for new novelty items each year and rapid advancements in robotic technology.
What Is The Future of Sex? Here's The Major Predictions:
- By 2030, most people will have some form of virtual sex as casually as they browse porn today
- By 2035 the majority of people will own sex toys that interact with virtual reality sex
- Some forms of robot sex are likely to appear in high-income, wealthy households as soon as 2025
- Robot sex will overtake human-human sex by 2050
- The sex market in 20 years could be three times bigger than today and seven times bigger by 2050.
While battery-operated sex toys such as vibrators have been common for decades now, actual sex robots have been limited to fiction and fantasy. But if you believe Pearson, it likely won't be like that forever.
So: Are you game?
Here's how to have a healthier sex life (even if you're robot-free!):
WATCH: Z Living's Health, Wellness & Relationships series
Tell us: Do you believe humans will someday have sexual relationships with robots?