Hemp oil is one of the richest sources of essential fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants. For years, it has been used as natural emollient in skin creams and lotions.
You too can make your own DIY potion to nourish and hydrate your skin this summer. Enjoy this earthy hemp oil body butter that will not only soothe your skin but will also refresh your senses.
- 4oz shea butter
- 3oz hemp oil
- 3oz pure coconut oil
- 3oz beeswax chips
- 10 drops any essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Melt the coconut butter and beeswax on low heat in a pan, while stirring continuously.
- Add the hemp oil to the mix and blend well.
- Let it cool and then add the essential oil if you wish to.
- Store the body butter in a sterilized mason jar or bottle.
Note: Essential oils must be diluted with a carrier oil before applying on the skin. Read the instructions for the usage of individual oils, as some are not suited to pregnant/breastfeeding women, and some might cause skin irritation.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Explore our Wellness section for spa DIY, natural home care and more.
Get many more blissful Spa ideas here.
DIY Spa: Citrus Scrub To Reinvigorate You
Spa Essential: Hemp Oil For Massage & Relaxation
DIY Organic Citrus Deodorant: Keep Fresh Naturally