DIY Spa Ideas From Your Kitchen: Lavender & Sugar Scrub
2 mins read
This DIY scrub is not just a great way to keep your skin soft and supple, it can also help you get relaxed and remove traces of stress. Plus, it smells wonderful. But the very best part is that it’s made from everyday ingredients found in your kitchen.
Without spending any extra time or effort, just add a few scents and ingredients to your daily care products to feel all fresh and happy.
- 1½ cups sugar (white, brown or organic)
- 5 to 8 drops lavender essential oil
- Few dried lavender flowers, optional
- 3 drops of purple food coloring, optional
- 1/4th cup carrier oil (olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil or grape seed oil)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until the sugar mixes properly and everything is well-coated.
- If you are using the dried flowers, add them now and mix again.
- Add the food coloring to enhance the color.
Here’s how the scent of lavender can help you relax and feel positive at the end of a tiring day.
- Helps soothe your nerves.
- Eases anxiety and depression.
- Induces sleep.
- Beats headaches and migraines that can often be triggered with a change of season.
- Prevents and eases symptoms of cold, flu and cough that are common during the cooler season.
How To Use The Scrub:
- Apply it all over your body in the shower, and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Use it at night and follow it up with warm bath before bedtime, as it will help you sleep better.
- In the daytime, use the scrub on your hands and wash it off, as the scent will refresh your senses.
You May Also Enjoy
Papaya contains several compounds that can detox your skin. Try this DIY body wrap to revitalize your skin and refresh your more >>