Cold feet are no fun; they make you uncomfortable during the day, and sleepless at night. For a quick, simple remedy, try this DIY mask containing a rich blend of spices. Being circulation boosters and mild stimulants, these spices increase the blood flow and generate warmth in the body. Banish chills and numbness by combining them with skin-soothing ingredients such as oatmeal and honey, and enjoy the invigorating essence of orange.
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsps warm water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 4 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Blend the whole oats in a food processor till it is a meal-like consistency.
- In a bowl, place the oats and add the spices, olive oil, honey, grated ginger and sweet orange essential oil. Make a thick paste out of this with some warm water.
- Apply the paste to your feet for 15 minutes, and wrap them up with a warm washcloth so your skin absorbs the spices and oils in the mask.
- Wash off gently with lukewarm water, and pat dry.
Warm and comforting, this mask will help you sleep like a baby.
Healing Spices 101: Cinnamon, A Spice For Life
Spa Wellness: Orange Peel Mask