From bearing your weight the whole day to making sure you are able to be up and about wherever you need to, your feet play such an important role in your daily lives.
Instead of waiting to make them feel relaxed and taken care of at a spa, try these easy and extremely soothing ideas at home that will not only help them release some stress but will also help calm you down.
3 DIY Spa Ideas To Soothe Your Feet
Did you know that your feet have nerve endings which, when massaged, can make you feel relaxed and ease stress? Try out the following techniques using a mix of essential oils or cream.
- Stroke Your Feet With Lime & Mint
Stroking is a basic massage technique that will help release tension from your feet by stretching the foot from the heel to toe. Use this lime and mint essence.
- Hold your foot in one hand and use the other to massage and stretch from heel to toe, applying pressure with your thumb at the sole.
- Once you reach the top, keep your hand there and repeat the move, using the other hand.
- Thumb-walking Your Feet With Lavender
Thumb-walking will help to massage the tendons on the soles of your feet by applying pressure at key points. Use lavender essence to help relax and soothe your mind and reduce irritability.
- Hold your foot in one hand and use the thumb of the other to make a rotating motion near the heel.
- Apply more pressure on the heel and lesser pressure as you move towards the toes.
- Toe Rotations With Wild Orange
Massaging and rotating your toes will help improve blood circulation and also help beat stress.
How To: Use wild orange essence to uplift your mood and make you feel relaxed and positive.
- Massage each toe individually and give it a slight tug.
- Rotate in circular motions with your thumb and index finger and move on to the next one.
9 Health Benefits Of Hemp Oil That You Should Know About
5 Everyday Uses Of Lavender Essential Oil
Balance Your Body With A Foot Massage
How to Make An All Natural, Aromatic Foot Massage Oil