Running around in heels all day can lead to tired, achy feet. Give them some tender, loving care (without breaking the bank and splurging on branded foot care products). Just whip up a batch of this honey and brown sugar scrub, and massage gently until you feel completely relaxed:
- ½ cup of coarse brown sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp organic honey
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Mix brown sugar, lemon juice, honey and olive oil to make a smooth, sticky paste.
- Soak your feet in bearably hot water for 10 minutes, then blot them dry with a towel and use this scrub all over your feet.
- Thanks to the body heat, the sugar will start to melt when you rub circles on your skin, and the honey and olive oil will be absorbed, creating a humectant effect that will retain moisture and keep your feet soft.
- The lemon juice serves to brighten your skin and toenails, which is a bonus.
Eating excess sugar may be bad for you but in this form, it can do nothing but good. Pamper those feet and enjoy the feeling of having warm, satiny skin.