A simple hand message helps encourage adequate blood circulation to your hands. It also stretches the muscles in your fingers and improves the elasticity of your skin.
- Sit comfortably and gently rest your hands on your thighs.
- Begin with your palm face down. Wrap the fingers of your opposite hand around the pinkie side of your resting hand and use your thumb to massage between the bones from wrist to fingers.
- Keep the strokes long, flowing and gentle.
- Keep your fingers wrapped around your resting hand and use your entire palm to create the same long, flowing strokes from wrist to fingers. This time, apply the pressure with as much of your palm as possible, working all the way to the fingertips.
- Turn your hand over so that your palm faces up and repeat the same two massage techniques.
- Finish massage by firmly gripping each finger with the opposite hand and squeezing. Pull on the tips of the fingers as you release.
- Perform this technique four or five times on each finger and then begin to work on the opposite hand.