A great vegan alternative to cow’s milk, soybean milk is full of protein, vitamins, and dietary fiber. Did you know you could make it yourself at home? This recipe prepares a tasty version flavored with cardamom.
- 100g soya beans (1 cup)
- 3 cups water
- Sugar to taste
- ¼tsp cardamom powder
- Soak soya beans in water overnight.
- Wash thoroughly and remove outer husk or skin.
- Pressure cook the beans with some water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Grind the beans in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the water and stir well. Strain through a muslin cloth to get the milk.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
Recipe Courtesy: The Yoga Institute
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
Also, head to our Food section for the latest food trends.