Fresh vegetables, such as carrots, form an important part of the yogic diet. They’re best eaten in raw form, of course, but this particular recipe cooks them ever so slightly to soften and bring out the natural sweetness of carrots. It borrows from the traditional recipe of the Vichy region in Central France.
- 1tsp ground nut oil
- ½kg carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1½tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the carrots, water, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until the carrots are as soft as you’d like them to be.
- This can be enjoyed as a side dish, or a healthy snack.
Recipe: The Yoga Institute