Since we’re in the fall season, your skin is going to need extra attention this time of the year. As you transition your wardrobe and even your home into the autumn season, you should be transitioning your skincare products as well. What better way of doing so than to make your very own exfoliating facial cleanser specifically made for the fall season.
So, bid farewell to your old facial cleanser and make room for a new facial cleanser that is not only gentle for your skin but also made with all natural ingredients that won’t expose your skin to harmful toxins and additives.
Make It Yourself: Fall Exfoliating Facial Cleanser
This fall exfoliating facial cleanser is a fantastic way to cater to your dull and tired skin this season. Skin usually gets drier during the colder months, so it’s always good to add extra moisture to your skincare regimen.
Luckily, this recipe calls for pumpkin seed oil, which is useful for helping your skin retain its moisture while fighting free radical damage and maintaining a youthful glow. In addition to pumpkin seed oil, this recipe also uses apple powder that is rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acids, vitamin C and antioxidants that help hydrate the skin while promoting a more refreshing look and feel.
Brown sugar is also a key ingredient in this recipe because it provides an exfoliating action that does away with dead skin cells and leaves a healthier skin complexion. Sweet orange oils are also added to this recipe to help acne prone skin and combat signs of aging.
If you are dealing with acne, then look no further because not only does this recipe use sweet orange oil to combat acne, but it also uses clove oil that has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits that reduce the swelling and redness caused my acne.
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unscented liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 1 teaspoon of apple powder
- 4 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 3 drops of clove essential oil
- Mix the beeswax and pumpkin seed oil together and heat in a double boiler until the wax blends with the oil. Then remove from heat.
- Next, add in the castile soap to the oil and melted wax and mix together.
- Add the drops of essential oils and stir the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar and apple powder together to make sure they’re combined thoroughly.
- Now add the dry content in with the liquid content and mix together once more.
- Pour the mixture into a container.
Recipe inspired by Living the Nourished Life.