During the cold autumn and winter months, the weather is a lot cooler and can wreak havoc on your skin. When weather like this approaches, it can make the smooth texture of your skin look and feel as dry as the fall leaves.
When your skin feels this way, you need a hydrating serum to help save your dull and distressed skin. In addition to hydrating your skin, the use of a good facial serum can also reduce the signs associated with aging like wrinkles, mature skin and out of balance hormones.
Although making your own serum may seem like a complicated process, it only requires just a couple of ingredients.
DIY Anti-Aging Serum for Acne Prone Skin
Even though facial serums seems like a sophisticated task that requires a lab coat, making one yourself is relatively easy and less expensive than the serums you would buy at the store. This serum recipe only contains just two moisturizing oils like argan and squalane in addition to a couple of essential oils.
Argan oil is an extremely hydrating oil that is produced from the kernels of the argan tree. It’s praised for its moisturizing, softening and healing capabilities, making it perfect for hair and skin, and it is gentle enough to use as a daily moisturizer.
You’ve probably heard of the many benefits squalane does for the skin — it has antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits that help reduce acne and get rid of blemishes. This oil is different from the rest because it penetrates the skin rather than just sitting on top of the surface.
Essential oils like geranium, lavender and tea tree are all used to help improve the feel, complexion of your skin and treat acne. Once you mix everything together you have the perfect serum that can target most of your skin ailments.
- 4 tablespoons of squalane oil
- 2 tablespoons of argan oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of geranium essential oil
- 3 drops of tea tree essential oil
- In a small bowl or dark amber colored bottle, cautiously mix the squalane oil and argan oil together. You might need a small funnel.
- After the oils are fully mixed, add the drops of essential oils in.
- If you’re using a small bowl, pour your mixture into a dark amber colored glass bottle or container and secure the lid. If you just used the ambered glass bottle by itself, then shake the bottle to make sure all the oils are mixed together.
- Voilá! You have your very own serum you can use anytime you want.
Turn back time and reduce the signs of aging with your homemade facial serum. It’s gentle enough to use on an everyday basis and a little goes a long way. After using it for a couple of weeks, you will feel and notice a difference in your skin.
Recipe inspired by Live Simply.