For all those who’ve been using their leftover beer as a hair conditioner for a shinier mane, you may want to hold on to that wine bottle, too.
Currently on the beauty circuit, the frontrunners are soaking up the booze, not with bread, but with their skin, ensuring that the pores absorb all the resveratrol from the red wine.
Now if we’re ever going to convince you to leave that last glassful of vino and put it to better use, we’re going to have to make a good case for it. Well, here goes nothing.
You Had Me At Merlot
A wine facial works on multiple counts; more than you could’ve imagined:
- The resveratrol brings with it a punch of antioxidants like no other. These prove to be a great anti-aging save as they de-stress the skin with flavonoids and tannin.
- A wine facial lends elasticity to your skin as it boosts collagen production and promotes cell renewal.
- The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of the drink will keep the redness in check, temper dark spots and sun damage, and detox the skin.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) help contain the water content in the skin, although if moisturizing is your goal, then white wine will do a better job than red.
- The pore minimizer also improves blood circulation and will instantly add a natural blush to your face.
The Wine Facial Recipe
There are two ways to stir up a potent concoction:
- Take equal parts yogurt, honey, red wine (2tbsp each should be enough) and make a paste. Apply, sit pretty for 10 minutes, and then wash with cold water.
- To 2tbsp organic wine, add 1tbsp essential oil (of your choice), 1tbsp rose water, and the juice of 4 strawberries and 4 grapes. Blend to apply the solution to your face for 10 minutes before washing with cold water.
For those who can’t stop until they reach the bottom of that bottle, we have an alternate resolve…
…anyone who has ever set foot in a crowded bar knows that the attractiveness of a person is directly proportional to the amount of alcohol they’ve (and you’ve) consumed. Call it beer goggles or whatever you please, but science backs this interesting theory as well.
According to a study conducted by Bristol University, drinking a glass of wine—or small amounts of other alcohol—can boost physical attractiveness. Apparently, a glass of alcohol relaxes facial muscles and dilates the pupils, making you seem more approachable, and, you guessed it, even sexier!
PS: For more all-natural skincare solutions, head to our DIY Section.
Also, here’s the latest on what’s trending in the world of Beauty.
High On The Beauty Benefits Of Wine, Beer & Vodka
This Anti-Aging Skin Cream Is Made From Your Own Blood
The Lived-In Makeup Trend Breaks The Cardinal Rule Of Skincare