Refrigerators are meant to keep our food fresh, but they can get pretty dirty themselves as time goes on.While general kitchen cleanings happen fairly regularly — or at least we hope they do — your fridge probably isn’t as easy to remember to clean. Just think about it: when was the last time you fully cleaned out your fridge? Can you even remember?
Luckily, housekeeping pro Kim Woodburn, host of our show Kim’s Rude Awakenings, cleans refrigerators all the time — and the ones she scrubs are way-y-y scarier than yours. In the show, Woodburn attempts to overhaul the rudest, laziest, and messiest families (where sometimes their messy fridge is the least of their worries! Check out more about the show here, and find out where you can tune in.
Watch the video above to see Kim Woodburn’s best tricks for cleaning your refrigerator naturally.
Here’s Kim Woodburn’s All-Natural Method For Cleaning Your Fridge
Woodburn has devised a foolproof, easy way to get your fridge clean as a whistle. And this cleaning method doesn’t involve any fancy, harmful, expensive chemicals or cleaning agents.
Also on Z Living: See This Slovenly Home Turn Spotless On ‘Kim’s Rude Awakenings’
First, take everything out of your fridge. Seriously, everything. Empty that thing out and toss anything old that needs to go.
Also on Z Living: A Clever DIY Trick To Catch & Trap Bugs Naturally
Here’s The 5 Things You’ll Need (You Likely Already Own All These Products):
- Baking soda
- Paper towels
- A toothbrush (you’ll discard this afterward)
- Regular (cheap) toothpaste
What To Do:
- Mix equal parts baking soda and water in a small mixing bowl.
- Using the paper towels and liberal amounts of that solution, go to town scrubbing your fridge.
- For any crusty spots, add a bit more of the solution on and let it soak.
- Make sure you take the drawers out and clean inside and underneath those too.
- Tough-to-reach spots? That’s where the toothbrush comes in! Put some toothpaste in those crevices and scrub away, like you would your teeth. (Throw out the toothbrush afterward!)
After that final crevice scrub using toothpaste cleanse, the minty freshness will leave your fridge smelling … minty fresh! Now that’s something to smile about.
Catch Kim’s Rude Awakenings, only on Z Living. Check out clips and more about the show here, and find out where you can tune in.