With the holidays coming up, you’re going to need a lipstick color that makes a big statement this year. What better way of doing it than to make your very own signature color yourself.
If you take a stroll down the aisles of your favorite beauty supplies store, you might have noticed that the prices of lipsticks can be a bit expensive — plus, they contain a long list of toxic ingredients that can make your jaw drop.
So, kiss toxic chemicals goodbye, save yourself some cash and give yourself peace of mind by creating your own lipstick that has natural ingredients for a fraction of the cost of commercially sold brands. What’s even better is you’ll have a lipstick shade that everyone will ask where you got it from, and you can smile and say that you made it yourself.
DIY Cinnamon Mocha Lipstick
Making your own lipstick is easier than you may think and it only requires just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your home. Composed of ingredients like coconut oil, castor oil, shea butter and beeswax, these ingredients all work together to formulate a lipstick that moisturizes your lips while preventing cracks and creating a smooth texture to heal your skin.
Since we’re in the fall season, what says autumn more than a lovely brown pigment color? All you need is a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of cocoa to create a beautiful scent while offering antioxidant qualities.
Now, it’s time for the fun part, so grab all your ingredients and let’s get on mixing.
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax pastilles
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 1/4 teaspoon castor oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in a small heat-safe glass jar or bowl and place it in a small pot of simmering water or a double boiler to melt the ingredients.
- Stir until the mixture is fully blended.
- Add the castor oil and stir again.
- After everything is blended together, add in the cinnamon and cocoa powder and stir once more.
- Remove the jar from the heat and let cool while you get your container and funnel ready.
- Pour the mixture into a container using a funnel and store in a cool dry place or you can also place it in the fridge.
Just like that, you have your very own mocha colored lipstick that goes perfectly with this fall season.
Recipe inspired by Dr. Axe.