There are many different ways you can get rid of body hair. From waxing and shaving to laser hair removal and electrolysis, there are plenty of options for hair removal. If you’re looking for more natural hair removal remedies, however, you may be interested to know that there are plenty of options provided by Mother Nature, as well.
The Truth About Common Hair Removal Methods
Many of those struggling with body hair often contemplate permanent hair removal. Many try waxing, tweezing, and shaving to remove unwanted body hair. Those interested in more permanent solutions try electrolysis and laser hair removal, which burns your hair follicles through repeated treatments to keep them from growing back.
While these in-office methods may seem like a viable solution, they typically aren’t 100% reliable; hair gradually grows back over time, more often than not.
Permanent hair removal is only possible as a result of genetic factors and the process of aging, but even then, total body hair removal is not likely. Instead of relying on expensive office treatments or hair removal methods that cause irritation, give natural hair removal remedies a try.
How to Naturally Get Rid of Body Hair
While you can’t permanently get rid of body hair, the remedies shared below are extremely effective in helping you through your struggle of getting rid of unwanted body hair.
Turmeric contains an essential antioxidant known as curcumin. Curcumin has the ability to reduce inflammation, keep your skin healthy, and help fight off bacteria. Most importantly, turmeric also has the capability to stop and reduce hair growth with consistent use.
You can use turmeric in both powder or raw form; it just depends which is available in your area. If your local farmers market doesn’t sell it, many international food stores should have it, as well as online stores.
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour
- Sesame oil
- Mix the turmeric powder and gram flour together.
- Pour in the sesame oil until you have a thick paste-like consistency. Apply the paste to the areas with unwanted body hair.
- Let the concoction sit for about 30 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Gently scrub to get rid of the paste; your hair will start to come off. You can repeat this remedy once every week to get rid of your stubborn body hair.