Sagging, wrinkling skin is one of the most common cosmetic conditions that women often struggle with. As we grow older, our skin starts to show signs of aging and a loss of elasticity. Despite wrinkles being an unavoidable part of aging, you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and delay sagging skin through natural skin tighteners.
What Causes Sagging Skin?
Although we all want to age gracefully, sagging skin is inevitable. The loss of elasticity over time results in skin that loses its firmness.
The loss of elasticity can affect everywhere from the skin on your face to the skin on your feet. The main causes of sagging skin are listed below:
- As we age, our skin’s production of collagen slows down and causes the skin to lose elasticity and begin to sag.
- The connective tissue within our skin that supports numerous cartilages and bones gets weaker as we age.
- The fat in our face’s skin tissue is responsible for keeping our face firm and plump and starts to lose volume due to gravity.
- Excessive exposure to harmful UV rays can damage the collagen and elasticity within our skin.
- Rapid weight loss and pregnancy can cause sagging skin.
Although internal and external factors can both play a role in loosening your skin, there are multiple natural remedies you can use to help tighten and firm your skin.
Natural Remedies to Help Firm and Tighten Your Skin
Here are a couple of remedies you can try to get youthful looking skin in no time.
Eggs whites have a natural astringent capability that has skin-nourishing hydro lipids that can help lift loose skin, hence making them an effective remedy for sagging skin.
- Whisk one to two egg whites until you have a foam-like consistency and apply it to your face and neck. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Free feel to try this remedy up to two times a week for firm and youthful looking skin.
Aloe vera is one of the most effective remedies for loose skin. The malic acid present in aloe vera helps boost the elasticity of your skin and helps get rid of frown lines and wrinkles.
- Remove the gel from the aloe vera leaf and rub a generous amount all over your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Aloe vera is gentle enough for everyday use, so follow this remedy any time you’d like.
Rosemary Oil and Cucumber
The antioxidants present in rosemary help enhance the production of fibroblasts and strengthen your skin’s elasticity. Rosemary is also high in squalene and carnosol, which both work together to help slow your skin’s aging process.
Cucumber can also help tighten loose skin while providing a rejuvenating and refreshing effect on your skin.
- Grind half a cucumber until it becomes a thick paste and add a tablespoon of essential rosemary oil. Leave it on your face for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
With consistent use of the previously mentioned natural remedies, you will notice how sagging skin becomes firmer and more youthful in appearance. Make sure to drink a lot of water and maintain a healthy diet to keep your skin looking that way as well.
How are wrinkles formed?
Wrinkles are caused by a decrease in collagen production in our skin. As we get older our skin starts to lose the ability to maintain it’s elasticity and begins to sag.