The equation is simple: How you well you eat determines how good you look. Follow these Kapha-specific diet recommendations to keep your skin healthy and oil-free.
- Include proteins, vitamins and iron in every meal.
- Eat plenty of leafy green vegetables, like lettuce and cabbage, and fresh fruits like apples and oranges.
- Avoid overripe bananas and figs.
- Get plenty of vitamin B2 – a deficiency can cause oily skin. Nutritional yeast and wheat germ are a good source. So are buckwheat, oats, barley, royal jelly, black beans, lentils and basmati rice.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Avoid soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid meat, fried and highly seasoned foods. Avoid animal fats and heat-processed vegetable oils – use cold-pressed canola or olive oil instead.
- Avoid refined sugar, salt, chocolate and junk food.