Sometimes, fitting in a full hour at the gym just doesn’t suffice. Not only do we have to make that extra trip to the gym, but among all our chores and responsibilities it’s hard to try to fit in everything in one day. The solution? A three-minute workout that will pump up your energy levels and allow you to get your workout in right at home!
Whether you’ve had a long day at work or have tons of responsibilities you need to catch up on, your health and fitness should always be a priority. Engaging in regular exercise brings many health benefits and keeps you strong and healthy even as you age.
As at-home workouts become more popular among the busy individual, there are no more excuses for not getting regular workouts in.
3-Minute Energy Boosting Workout
Kickstart your energy levels with this simple yet effective three-minute workout.
- You will need a bench or a block.
- Repeat the circuit for a total of three rounds and perform each exercise for 20 seconds, AMRAP.
Elevated Glute Bridges
- Lay down on your mat and bend your knees to plant your heels on a block. Extend your arms beside you, palms facing up or down, and try to keep them next to your hips. Place a towel on the block to prevent your heels from slipping.
- Keeping your core tight and engaged, lift your hips up toward the ceiling, as high as you can go.
- Lower your hips down gently and before they touch the ground, raise them again.
- Repeat elevated glute bridges for as many reps as possible in 20 seconds.
Push-Up with Inverted Shoulder Presses
- Place your hands on the floor, more than shoulder-width apart, and get into a high plank position with your shoulders stacked above your wrists and your hips in line with your shoulders. Your body should form a straight line.
- Bend your elbows to lower down to a push-up and as your chest hovers a few inches above the floor, push through to straighten your arms and simultaneously lift your hips high while raising your heels.
- Bend your elbows to lower your head to the floor and press to straighten your arms.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat the push-up with inverted shoulder presses for as many reps as possible in 20 seconds.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get our muscles working!
Workout adapted from womenshealthmag.com.