While the snooze button may be your best friend in the morning, it’s time to get out of bed and get going with your early morning workout. Taking the time to exercise in the morning is great for so many reasons, one of them being a giant energy boost to kickstart your day.
Once you get an early morning routine started, your body and mind will start to crave this new morning activity which only leaves you feeling physically and mentally great in the long run.
Some added benefits of working out in the morning include:
- Boosts metabolism
- Promotes muscle building
- Creates consistency
- Improves physical and mental energy
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves and promotes sleep
- Initiates weight loss
Morning Exercises to Boost Energy
Exercising in the morning might be one of the best things you can do for your mind and body. Let’s hit the gym or use our neighborhood to get our routine started.
1. Mountain Climbers
- Start by getting into a plank position with your legs and arms hip-width distance apart and your shoulders stacked above your wrists.
- With your core tight and engaged, pull your left knee to your right elbow and place it back on the mat. Then perform this movement pulling your right knee towards your left elbow.
- You have the option to go as slow or fast as you like.
- Perform mountain climbers for at least 30 seconds and repeat this exercise three to four times.
Squats are not only beneficial for your glutes but contribute to your overall health and fitness.
- Stand with your feet 6 inches apart from each other and your toes pointed forward.
- Bend your knees and lower your body as low as you can to squat. You have the option to extend your hands out front as you squat.
- Immediately stand back up, squeezing your glutes as you reach the standing position.
- Repeat this exercise for at least 30 seconds and for two to three rounds.
3. High Planks
Planks will warm up the whole body and promote strength in your core and shoulders.
- Start by getting onto your hands and knees with your palms faced down, knees below your hips and your shoulders stacked above your wrists.
- Extend your legs backward and curl your toes onto your mat.
- Slowly lift your hips towards the ceiling and push your palms firmly on the mat until your hips and shoulders are aligned.
- Your back should be straight and your body should be in a straight line.
- Hold the high plank for about 60 seconds or for however long as you can.
4. Wide Arm Push-Ups
If you’re looking to enhance stamina and boost strength, push-ups should be your go-to exercise to perform in the morning.
- Start in a high plank position and place your palms on the outside of your mat. You have the option to get on your knees to perform this exercise as well.
- Lower your elbows to lower your body down towards the mat and then push back up to a high plank.
- Perform this exercise for at least 20 seconds and for three rounds.
1. What should you eat before an early morning workout?
A few foods to eat before an early morning workout include oatmeal, lentil soup, toast with jam and fruit.
2. Why should you workout in the morning?
Starting the day off with a good workout is extremely beneficial for your physical and mental health. Not only does it kickstart your metabolism, but your mood, energy, strength, and stamina will all improve.
The content of this Website is for is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Kapoor, A. (2018, March 19). 10 Incredible Early Morning Workouts to Boost Energy and Flexibility. Retrieved from https://food.ndtv.com/health/10-incredible-early-morning-workouts-to-boost-energy-and-flexibility-1679449
Bel Marra Health. (2017, April 28). 10 simple morning workouts that will boost your energy. Retrieved from https://www.belmarrahealth.com/every-morning-energy-throughout-day/