It can be extremely stressful to keep track of all your fitness progress, or even find the motivation to get to the gym. As you try to fit your workouts in your busy schedule, you might find yourself wanting to skip out on your exercises every now and then.
Thankfully, today’s technologically advanced world can help you stay motivated with apps that support your fitness lifestyle and keep you from missing your regular exercise routine.
Top 5 Fitness Apps to Keep You Motivated
Thank you technology — these fitness apps are here to boost your overall health and keep you achieving the fitness goals you’ve set for yourself.
1. Simply Yoga
Nothing like a little yoga routine to keep you feeling energized and rejuvenated to take on the day. Simply Yoga caters to your lifestyle and offers various workout sessions ranging from 2 to 60 minutes and offers routines for beginners to more advanced yogis.
This app has it all — a place to track your calorie intake and how much progress you’ve made from your workouts. MyFitnessPal helps to combine your nutrition and fitness goals to help you stay motivated and healthy.
With free discussion forums and ability to talk with other users and health enthusiasts, this app makes you feel like part of a community where you all are striving to meet similar goals. How’s that for motivation? Get the App here: Android | iOS
3. Charity Miles
Get healthy and give back to the community by downloading Charity Miles. This app will not only track your runs, steps, biking activity and more but also matches your miles to donate to specific charities of your choice.
There’s a reason why strength training is all the rage right now. Working on your whole body and building strength burns a ton of fat and kickstarts your metabolism.
Freeletics is a great bodybuilding app that doesn’t require you to have any equipment. Just show up and choose from over 900 exercises that work with your fitness and strength. Get the App here: Android | iOS
5. Johnson & Johnson Workout App
You don’t have to spend an hour at the gym every day to stay fit. A little bit goes a long way and Johnson & Johnson’s 7-Minute Workout is here to help you get your fitness on.
Alternative Fitness Apps to Pump You Up
The following apps are a few others that you’ll want to look out for as they cater to your needs and work well with your lifestyle.
- Yonder: Perfect for individuals who love the outdoors. Yonder shows you where to hike or bike and includes suggestions and trails from other users of the app. Android | iOS
- Gain Fitness: Track your goals and customize your fitness to allow Gain Fitness to design specific routines that suit your every need. iOS
- Lift: Once you’ve set goals for yourself, Lift will make sure you intend to keep them. With constant reminders and the ability to hire a coach, this app will keep you motivated and on track. iOS
- Zombies, Run!: No one likes to be chased by zombies and this app will keep you running to get away from the bloodthirsty creatures. Android | iOS
- Happify: Improving our mood and feeling happy goes a long way with our fitness regime. This app has games that motivate and boost your confidence in all the progress you have made toward living a healthier lifestyle. Android | iOS
- Runkeeper: An app that keeps tracks of all your progress, Runkeeper will keep you on top of your workouts and exercise routine. Android | iOS
- Human: Keep track of all your steps and movements you make throughout the day. Training for anything specific? This app will have your back and will even reward you for the progress you make. Android | iOS
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
8 FREE Apps To Keep You Motivated In The New Year. (2016, August 23). Retrieved from https://greenblender.com/smoothies/1227/eight-free-apps-to-keep-you-motivated
O. (2017, December 07). 6 Apps To Help You Crush Your Fitness Goals This Year. Retrieved from https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/05/best-fitness-apps-motivational-fitness-apps_n_6356078.html
10 Fitness Apps to Get You Moving and Motivated. (2017, January 18). Retrieved from http://mentalfloss.com/article/91086/10-fitness-apps-get-you-moving-and-motivated