Using different types of weights including dumbbells, are extremely effective in strengthening our bodies and burning stubborn fat, fast.
Strength training or resistance training engages essential muscles in the body that not only help you burn calories but also boosts the body’s metabolism to keep you burning calories for several hours after your workout.
If your go-to exercise has always been running, spruce up your routine and pick up some light or heavy dumbbells to use during your next workout.
Effective Fat Burning Dumbbell Exercises
Dumbbells are your new best friend at the gym, at home or even at work. Give the following exercises a try and get closer to achieving your fitness goals.
1. Goblet Squats
A simple yet effective exercise that will not only get your heart rate up but also strengthen your core muscles.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands and stand with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Rotate your knees and toes to point out to the side. The dumbbell should be held across your chest.
- Bending your knees, lower down to squat, shifting your weight in your heels.
- As you come back up, press through your heels and engage your hamstrings and glutes. As you reach the top, squeeze your glutes and keep your core engaged.
- Perform this exercise for 15 reps.
2. Push-Ups with Triceps Kickbacks
Combining push-ups with triceps kickbacks make this exercise a great full body workout with excellent fat burning results.
- Start in a high plank position, holding a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing in. Your hips should be in line with your shoulders.
- Lower down to perform a narrow push up, keeping your elbows close.
- Press back up and as you get back to your plank position, pull your right arm up and extend your arm straight back to make it parallel to the floor.
- Bend your right elbow to bring it back to your hips and lower the weight back down.
- Repeat the push-up and this time perform the triceps kickback with your left arm.
- Perform about 10 reps of the exercise.
3. Rear Lunges with Overhead Presses
Lunges are a great strength exercise, and as you perform overhead presses, you also work on increasing your heart rate.
- Start by standing with your feet about hip-width distance apart and hold your dumbbells by your shoulders.
- Step your right foot back to lunge, keeping the weight on the left foot.
- As you press through the left heel, stand back up and bring the right knee forward to balance on your left leg.
- As you rise, explosively press the dumbbells overhead.
- Step your right foot back again and lower the dumbbells as you lunge.
- Perform about 15 reps and switch sides to work out the opposite leg.
4. Russian Twists
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet hovering a few inches above the ground.
- Extend your arm holding a dumbbell with both hands and lean back slightly to engage your abs.
- Gently twist to the right and touch the dumbbell to the floor, followed by twisting to the left and touching the dumbbell to the floor.
- Repeat this exercise for about 20 reps for two sets.
5. Side Planks with Reach Under
Get ready to keep your core engaged and boost strength in your shoulders and arms with this exercise.
- Hold a dumbbell in your left hand and get into a side plank position with your right elbow and right forearm on the mat.
- Bend your bottom knee and raise your hips to bring your body inline from the ankles to the shoulders.
- Extend your left arm to the ceiling and bring it above your shoulder.
- With your abs engaged and tight, reach your left hand under your torso and lift your arm to extend it back up.
- Perform about 2 reps for 3 sets.
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
7 Fat-Torching Dumbbell Exercises. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/full-body-exercises/7-fat-torching-dumbbell-exercises
Editors, S. (2017, November 09). 5 Moves for Strong Abs and a Sculpted Waist. Retrieved from https://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/5-moves-whittle-your-middle
DormanDeanna, D. (2017, December 11). 5 Quick Dumbbell Exercises to Melt Away Fat. Retrieved from https://blog.paleohacks.com/dumbbell-exercises/