If you want to skip the gym today, we’ve got a good excuse for you to do so. You’re about to engage in leg day and get a good workout in right at home.
We’ve all been there — after a long day at work, the last thing on your mind is going to the gym. However, that doesn’t mean we skip our workouts entirely as this is only going to affect our health and our mood.
Since leg day is usually the most dreaded day, engaging in leg workouts at home might be key in ensuring that you actually bust out those strengthening moves in the comfort of your own home.
6 Move Leg Workout to Do Anywhere
Get your heart pumping and your legs working to boost strength and come out with a good looking set of limbs in no time.
- These six exercises should be performed as a circuit.
- Perform the following moves for 30-second AMRAP followed by a rest period of 30 seconds.
- This workout should take you between 19 to 24 minutes.
1. Squat Jumps
- Stand with your feet about hip-width distance apart.
- Push your hips back and bend your knees to squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Explosively jump up and land softly.
2. Walking Single-Leg Straight-Leg Deadlift Reach
- Stand with your feet hip-width distance apart and place your arms beside you. Bring your right leg behind you.
- Bend forward at the hips and lower your torso to bring your body parallel to the floor and simultaneously reach your opposite hand to the floor.
- Come back to the standing and step forward to repeat using the opposite leg.
3. Side Lunges
- Stand with your feet wide apart and your hands at your hips. Keep your right leg straight and push your hips back, to the left.
- Bend your left knee and lower your body to bring your left thigh almost parallel to the floor. Make sure that your feet are flat throughout the exercise.
- Pause for a couple of seconds and return to the starting position.
- Only switch sides after you have completed all the reps.
4. Scissor Box Jumps
- Place your left foot on a bench or a box with your right foot planted on the ground.
- Explosively jump up and switch your legs to land softly on opposite sides.
- Pause for one second and repeat.
5. Single Leg Hip Raises
- Start by lying on your back with your arms beside you and your left knee bent, with your left foot planted firmly on the floor.
- Extend your right leg out straight to bring it in line with your left thigh.
- Squeezing the glutes, raise your hips toward the ceiling and pause.
- Come back to the starting position and complete the reps before switching sides.
6. Alternating Drop Lunges
- Stand with your hands on your hips and your feet hip-width distance apart. Your shoulders should be squared and your chest should be faced up.
- Bring your right leg to cross over your left and bend your knees to lower your body until your left thigh is almost parallel to the floor.
- Come back to the starting position and switch sides to repeat.
Workout adapted from menshealth.com.