Exercise is essential for optimizing and preserving brain function. Your region is warming up, so jump into the pool and do some aqua aerobics. Do these exercises as many days as you can during your 5-day brain boost program. If you can’t find a pool, try to exercise for 30 minutes per day. If you are just getting back into exercise after awhile, take it slow. But make sure to push enough so that your body warms from the inside out: make your movements strong and intentional.
Take a refreshing plunge:
- Holding onto the edge of the pool, kick your legs – do scissor kicks and frog kicks for 5 minutes.
- Holding onto the edge of the pool, do leg lifts to work the muscles in your stomach, legs and bottom. Do 12 sets of lifts. Start by lifting your right leg in front of you, bring it out to the side in a smooth motion, then behind you and down. Repeat with left leg.
- Run in place in the water for 5 minutes to increase your heart rate.
- Tread water for 5 minutes to build arm and leg strength.
- If you still have energy to burn and time to spare, repeat.