Exercise fuels the brain and boosts brain function. As the body ages, individual neurons die off. Until recently it was believed that once these nerve cells were dead they were gone for good. But new studies show that exercise can help the body grow new neurons.
Strengthening Workouts to Improve Brain Function
Do this series of simple strength training exercises between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM for 5 days. Do a set of 12 of each of the following strength training exercises. They should not replace your regular exercise routine, but be added to it for the duration of your brain boost program.
- Stand with your feet wider than your shoulders and place your hands on the back of a chair.
- Keep your weight on your heels and bend your knees, lowering your butt until it’s parallel to the floor (or as low as you can comfortably go).
- Keep your abs tight while you do the exercise.Wall Push-Ups
- Stand facing a wall, a few feet away from it.
- Place your hands against the wall. The distance between your palms should be wider than your shoulders.
- Pull in your abs in and keep your back straight.
- Bending your elbows, lower your body toward the wall.
- Stop when your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Push off the wall slowly, returning to your original position.
- Lie on your back with your hands supporting your head and your knees bent.
- Bring your head toward your knees, flexing your abs to lift your shoulders off the floor.
- Hold for two counts, then lower your torso slowly to the floor.
5 Ways To Fit In Fitness
First Steps To A Better Fitter You
Secret Art Of Fitness