It’s time to take a break from your desk and get a little muscle action going to stay fit. We all have been made aware of the hazardous nature of prolonged sitting and how it harms our health, so what are we going to do about it?
It’s time to take charge and squeeze in some exercise while we’re at work. Little movements and exercises every now and then can go a long way in improving our lifestyle and keep our bodies and minds in shape.
At-Work Exercises to Tone Muscles
You’re about to start a trend at work because these at-work exercises are surely going to help your physique and keep your muscles toned and firm all year long.
1. Squat Jumps
Take a little break outside and as you soak in some vitamin D, put your glutes, quads and inner thighs to work!
- Spread your feet about 6 inches wide and keep your feet and toes parallel to each other.
- Start to lower down to a squat and reach your right hand to the ground to twist your body to the right.
- Explode into a jump and repeat this movement on the left side.
- Continue squat jumps as you switch sides for about 30 seconds.
- Then head back in and continue your work for the day.
2. Stapler Bicep Curls
Take your biceps on a little adventure at work and substitute dumbbells with the lonely stapler sitting at your desk.
- Taking the stapler with your right hand, place your elbows close to your side and lower down to your legs, followed by bringing your forearm back up to your chest.
- Perform bicep curls for about 30 seconds on the right side, then switch to the left side to balance out both sides.
3. Shoulder Rotations
Get your shoulders moving and keep them in shape with a few rotations every now and then.
- As you are sitting on your chair, gently lift your shoulders to bring them to your ears and start to rotate them clockwise for about 30 seconds.
- Hold your shoulders to your ears for about 5 seconds and relax.
- Repeat the rotations for 30 seconds, but this time rotate them counter-clockwise.
- Hold for 5 seconds and release to get back to work.
4. Leg Lifts
- As you are seated on your chair, your back should be straight and your arms can be by your sides.
- Start by lifting the left leg to about 90 degrees and hold for about 5 seconds. Bring the left leg back down. Continue left leg raises for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat this movement using the right leg.
- Once you are warmed up, raise both legs at once and hold for about 5 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise for about 30 seconds.
- Option to strap on some weights like your bag or briefcase for an added challenge.
5. Core Squeezes
We can’t forget about the core muscles! An exercise that can be snuck in multiple times during the day will keep your core strong and looking good.
- With your core tight and engaged, take a deep breath in.
- As you exhale, bring your abs in towards the spine and hold for about 10 seconds.
- Release to return to normal.
- Repeat this exercise for about 15 rounds.
1. How can you work exercise into your workday?
Taking a few minutes every now and then to engage in little movements or simple exercises such as squats, leg raises, and bicep curls can help you squeeze in some exercise while you’re at work.
The content of this Website is for is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Lieberman, B. (2016, September 14). 10 Sneaky Toning Moves You Can Do At Work. Retrieved from https://www.self.com/story/10-sneaky-toning-moves-you-can
Deskercise! 33 Smart Ways to Exercise at Work. (2018, February 22). Retrieved from https://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work