We’ve all benefited from the healing and strengthening effects that yoga has on our minds and body. The time has come to extend this practice to our face with yoga poses that can firm and strengthen the skin and muscles in our faces.
Yes, face yoga is a proven exercise and it can benefit our skin immensely. Just like we work out our bodies to stay fit and toned, our face consists of muscles that need to be exercised in order to combat wrinkles and a saggy face and neck.
If you’ve been trying to fight wrinkles and reduce fine lines, now is your chance to engage in a little facial yoga sequence to tighten your skin and keep your face looking fit and healthy.
Top Face Yoga Poses to Prevent Wrinkles
While your face can’t really do cardio or pick up weights, we’re going to use our fingers to massage and exercise the muscles in our facial region to promote relaxation and combat signs of aging.
1. Fish Face
Fish face works to tone and lift your cheeks as well as promote tone in your lips.
- Make a fish face by sucking your cheeks in between your teeth as you feel your lips come together.
- Try to smile while you make a fish face simultaneously.
- Repeat this exercise five times.
2. Bye Bye Crow’s Feet
This movement works to exercise the muscles around your eyes to firm and tighten the skin, preventing the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Make sure your skin is clean and moisturized before this exercise.
- Start by gently lifting and releasing your lower lid without moving any other facial muscles.
- Use your fingertips to apply pressure on the outer crease of your eyelids creating resistance for your muscles to work against.
Satchmo is an excellent yoga exercise to help you keep the cheeks firm.
- Take in a deep gulp of air and puff this breath from cheek to cheek for about 5 to 10 seconds or until you run out of air.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
4. Tongue Out
Here’s another exercise to firm the skin in your face and reduce stress as you breathe out.
- Open your mouth and stick out your tongue. Allow your tongue to reach out as far as possible and hold for 60 seconds.
- Perform tongue out exercise for a total of three rounds.
5. Puppet Face
Puppet face will strengthen the muscles of your cheeks making them look firmer and giving you a youthful look.
- Start by smiling with your teeth.
- Press your fingertips gently in the area between your nose and your lips.
- Exercise your muscles by lifting them up, using your fingertips as added resistance for your muscles to work against.
6. Baby Bird
Baby bird will be your go-to facial exercise to prevent your chin and neck from sagging.
- Start by pressing the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Make sure your chin is pointed toward the ceiling.
- Smile softly and try to swallow as you maintain this position.
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Howland, G. (2018, August 22). 7 Surprising Benefits of… Facial Yoga?!? Retrieved from https://www.mamanatural.com/facial-yoga/
J. Yi, S. (n.d.). 6 Face Yoga Poses That’ll Make You Look Like You Had a Facelift. Retrieved from https://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/face-yoga-exercises/p120172/page1
NDTV Food. (2016, June 09). Facial Yoga? Yes, These 7 Ridiculously Simple Exercises Will Slim Your Face and Wipe Out Wrinkles. Retrieved from https://food.ndtv.com/health/facial-yoga-yes-these-7-ridiculously-simple-exercises-will-slim-your-face-and-wipe-out-wrinkles-1417107