Why get stuck in the gym when you can take your workouts outside? Swap the treadmill with some real stairs and give your endurance an upgrade as you work to build a stronger heart.
Outdoor workouts have slowly become a more popular environment for trainers and fitness goers to challenge themselves on new terrain and simply just get some much-needed vitamin D in after spending eight hours stuck inside at work.
Incorporating the stairs in your exercise routine is an excellent way to build joint stability and improve the flexibility of the knees and ankles, all while giving your heart rate a little boost.
Use this workout as a conditioning routine to work out your full body and improve your endurance in the process.
Conditioning Full-Body Stair Workout
Look out for a flight of stairs that is about 15 to 30 steps in length. You don’t need any other equipment, just your determination and your exercise playlist ready to get you going.
1. Decline Push-Ups
5 sets of 8–12 reps
- Place your hands on the ground with your feet on the first or the second step to get into the correct push-up position.
2. Calf Raises
1 set of 45 reps
- Start on the bottom step and perform 10 calf raises.
- Explosively step up and increase calf raises by five reps making it 15 reps.
- Continue this process by adding five reps at a time until your reach 45 calf raises continuously.
- Run up and down the flight of stairs four times, followed by a 30-second walk.
- Squat jump up the stairs and jog back down, followed by a 30-second walk.
- Lateral step up the stairs and jog back down, making sure to alternate sides. Do this two times on each side, followed by a 30-second walk.
4. Step-Ups with Sprints
3 sets of 15 step-ups per leg and one sprint
- Start by standing laterally on the steps by placing one foot on the second step and the other foot at the base of the stairs.
- Push up from your toe as you bring your knee toward the chest.
- Make sure to alternate sides as you repeat on the opposite leg.
- Finish up by sprinting to the top, followed by a jog back down.
As you take your workouts outdoors, there might be a few extra cautions you need to take in order to be safe and comfortable.
- Wear breathable fabrics in case you become too hot.
- Bring lots of water to help you stay hydrated.
- Make sure you let someone know where you are working out, in case of any complications.
- Bring a friend to help you stay motivated (and safe).
Workout adapted from strongfitnessmag.com.
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Stimulants 14 Products. cialis malaysia price Sedatives 3 Products.