Maintaining a workout routine can take a lot of work if you have a busy schedule and long work days. As we work hard toward building strength, results can often take a bit longer than we want and may leave us feeling a little frustrated. However, what if we told you that there are specific exercises that are simple yet show results just after one workout?
As most of us engage in shorter workouts in order to squeeze in any amount of exercise during the day, some research has found that simple exercises are just as effective without having to sweat it out for a long period of time at the gym.
Exercises That Show Results After One Workout
Specific movements and equipment can help you get where you want to be faster and can usually be done almost anywhere when you’re unable to make the detour to your workout class.
1. Kettlebell Swings
Kettlebell swings are extremely powerful for your muscles as the exercise works your back, glutes and hamstrings to promote muscle tone and boost your cardiovascular system.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and grab onto the top of the kettlebell with both hands.
- Bend your knees and push your hips back to prepare.
- Swing the kettlebell back between your legs.
- Thrust your hips forward and swing the kettlebell in front of your chest, squeezing your glutes as you straighten up.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for 10 reps.
2. Sumo Squats
Sumo squats are a great way to spruce up your squatting routine, giving tone to your glutes and building overall strength.
- Stand with your feet wider than your shoulders and point your toes out to a 45-degree angle.
- Extend your hands out in front of you and bend your knees to lower down as far as you can go.
- Hold this pose for 2 seconds and as you come back up, squeeze your glutes and inner thighs.
- Repeat sumo squats for three sets of 15 to 20 reps.
Deadlifts give quick results when it comes to firmer and bigger glutes. This exercise will target the body’s biggest muscle group and you will come out feeling like you worked it.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells, or a barbell, with an overhand grip at arm’s length.
- Stand with your feet hip-width distance apart with a slight bend in your knees.
- Bend at your hips and lower down until your torso is parallel to the floor. Make sure you do not change the bend in your knees and keep the dumbbells, or barbell, close to you the entire way down.
- Hold this position for 1 second, then slowly rise to bring your torso back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 15 reps.
4. Eccentric Push-Ups
Eccentric push-ups are slower push-ups that provide an added challenge to your triceps, shoulders and chest.
- Get into a high plank with your shoulders stacked above your wrists and your hips in line with your shoulders.
- Keep your core tight and engaged and bend your elbows to lower down as slowly as possible (take 5 seconds).
- Push back up and repeat for three sets of 10 reps.
5. Sprint Intervals
Sprinting boosts overall blood circulation and provides for a great cardio workout. The trick is to push yourself as hard and fast as you can go.
- Warm up with easy jogging for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Build your speed to sprint for 10 seconds.
- Slow down to jog for 30 seconds.
- Repeat for 15 to 25 minutes. Followed by a cool down session for 5 minutes.
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
P. (2018, May 21). 20 Simple Exercises That Show Results After One Workout. Retrieved from https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/g20719079/simple-exercises-fast-results/
Prentice, S. (2017, January 13). 6 Simple Exercises That Show Results After One Workout. Retrieved from https://thedetoxbottle.com/blogs/news/how-to-lose-belly-fat-for-women