Okay, let’s be honest, dieting involves consuming certain foods that may not be appetizing, but are definitely good for you. Bitter melons fall in that category. But, sacrifices must be made in vainer pursuits!
Now before you cringe over the taste, here’s what you need to know:
- Bitter melons assist with weight loss by lowering and maintaining the blood sugar
- They also prevent the body from absorbing excess sugar
- Bitter melons contain a great deal of fiber, which is a good way to keep you feeling fuller for longer
- The bitterness of bitter melon is said to stimulate the intestinal tract and help reduce cravings
- They are low in calories and contain a meager 34 calories per 100g
The best way to reap the benefits of this vegetable-fruit is by consuming its juice. Here’s a recipe to make this weight-loss fix more palatable:
Bitter Melon & Honey Juice
Wash and de-seed 1 small bitter melon. Cut the fruit into small chunks and place them into a juice press. Once you have your juice, pour it into a tall glass and add 2tbsp honey. Stir well and drink immediately.
Damaged For Life: Have You Fallen Prey To These Weight Loss Evils?
Busting The Myth: An All-Protein Diet Is The Ideal Weight-Loss Plan
At Ease, Soldier: A Military-Inspired Diet To Get You Battle Ready For Weight Loss (Part 1)