As we continue to fight for acne-free skin, it’s common to reach a roadblock with all our expensive creams and gels that promise reduced acne and pimple-free skin. It might be time to take a little break from these products and try out some powerful yoga postures instead.
With all the pollution and environmental hazards that we are exposed to every day, our bodies are exposed to a lot of damage, which leads to the unhealthy-looking skin. Certain yoga poses are known to effectively detox the body, and keep your hormones in check, which therefore results in an improvement of our skin health.
Don’t let pimples and acne become the new norm, yoga can help combat inflammation and reduce the stress that is often a cause of acne. Yoga is an extremely healing practice that not only promotes skin health, but also boosts mental health and keeps you physically fit.
Yoga Asanas to Combat Acne
Try out the following poses to rejuvenate your skin health and promote glowing, healthier looking skin.
1. Cobra Pose
Cobra pose is effective in stretching the neck and facial muscles, which promotes detoxification and rejuvenates cells in our body.
- Start by lying on your stomach with your legs extended back and the sole of your feet facing the ceiling. Your arms can be beside your body.
- Bend your elbows and place your palms on the mat.
- Press the mat firmly and stretch to lift your chest up. Focus on your breathing.
- Hold this position for about 10 seconds and exhale to come back to the starting position.
Headstands encourage blood circulation to the brain and circulate healthy nutrients to the skin. If you are a beginner or trying to perform a headstand for the first time, you always have the option to use the wall for support.
- Start by kneeling on the floor (face the wall if you are using support) with your forearms on the ground and your elbows spread apart wide.
- Bring your palms together to form a little cup, and slowly place the front of your head on the ground, with the back of your head on your cupped palms.
- Focus on your breath for a few seconds and start to lift your knees off the ground.
- Raise your knees higher and bring your feet closer to your head to make your torso perpendicular to the floor.
- Gently start to straighten out your legs. Use the wall to help you keep your legs extended.
- Hold this pose for a few minutes, or for however long as you comfortably can.
3. Legs Up the Wall Pose
Legs Up the Wall pose helps to circulate oxygen to the face and works to flush out all the harmful toxins that may be responsible for acne.
- Start by sitting a few inches from a wall and get ready to lie on your back.
- Slowly lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your knees bent with your feet on the mat.
- Gently start to raise your legs and extend them to lean on the wall for support.
- Adjust your palms to face up towards the ceiling.
- Focus on your breathing and close your eyes to induce relaxation.
- Hold the pose for a few minutes or for however long you feel comfortable before returning to the starting position.
1. Is hot yoga good for acne?
Hot yoga provides many benefits to the body, including promoting healthy skin. However, certain precautions should be taken to avoid further breakouts and acne that may occur from the heated routine.
The content of this Website is for is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Shea, L. (2017, September 11). Yoga Poses for Acne Skin. Retrieved from https://www.livestrong.com/article/164370-yoga-poses-for-acne-skin/
Lapidos, R. (2016, November 21). These yoga poses could help heal your acne (yes, really). Retrieved from https://www.wellandgood.com/good-looks/these-yoga-poses-could-help-heal-your-acne-yes-really/slide/2/
5 Must Know Yogasanas for Clear, Pimple-Free Skin. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rewardme.in/beauty/skin-body/article/5-yogasanas-for-clear-acne-free-skin