It’s time to put your black mirrors away and give your body some movement. While technology has come in handy more than a few times, it’s not doing anything for our health and in order to keep our fitness up to par, it’s time to get off the couch and get moving.
Exercise routines such as yoga or even cardio have become so convenient that we don’t even need to leave our homes in order to incorporate it into our routine.
When it comes to our health in general, yoga has proved time and time again as one of the most effective workouts to boost overall strength and maintain one’s fitness.
Yoga for Overall Health and Fitness
Let’s take advantage of simple yet effective yoga poses that we can do every day to up our fitness and maintain our overall health.
1. Mountain Pose
Mountain pose is the foundation for the many challenging yoga poses in a sequence. This pose helps to refresh and prepare your muscles for the upcoming asanas.
- Stand tall with your feet about hip-width distance apart and your hands beside you. Spread your weight evenly on both feet.
- Inhale and lift up your arms to bring them overhead. Relax your shoulders and keep them away from your ears. Raise the crown of your head to stand taller and shift your gaze to the front.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and release.
2. Tree Pose
- Stand tall and bring your palms together to touch across your chest.
- Slowly lift your left leg and bring your left foot to the outside of your right thigh or shin. Hold for a few seconds as you balance on your right leg.
- Switch sides and repeat.
3. Chair Pose
Chair pose is the ultimate strengthening pose for your arms and legs, giving you a boost of energy that stimulates the body and the mind.
- Standing with your feet hip-width distance apart, lower your knees and push your hips back to lower down to squat.
- Simultaneously raise your arms overhead and make sure that your knees are behind all 10 toes.
- Hold chair pose for 60 seconds and release.
4. Standing Forward Fold
Standing forward fold is excellent to help you manage stress, stretch your hamstrings and relieve any gas trapped in your abdomen.
- From standing, bend forward from the hips and push your hips back as you bring your palms toward the floor.
- Allow your abdomen to rest on your thighs and try to bring your chin as close to the shins as possible.
- Let your head hang and relax.
- Hold this pose for as long as you comfortably can.
5. Garland Pose
Open up your hips and groins with the garland pose and solve your digestive problems by practicing this pose every day.
- Stand with your legs hip-width distance apart and take a few breaths in and out.
- As you exhale, keep your core engaged and lower down to squat completely.
- Bring your hands to the inside of your thighs and use your elbows to push your knees open.
- Bring your palms to touch and lengthen the spine.
- Hold this pose for 60 seconds and gradually increase the length of time with more practice.
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Now, T. (2018, August 30). 5 Yoga poses you should do everyday to stay fit and healthy. Retrieved from https://www.timesnownews.com/health/article/5-yoga-poses-you-should-do-everyday-to-stay-fit-and-healthy/277296
5 Yoga Poses You Should Do Daily. (2018, February 02). Retrieved from https://www.yogicwayoflife.com/5-yoga-poses-you-should-do-daily/