The act of massaging specific parts of your body promotes a therapeutic effect on individuals who are stressed. With gentle pressure on the body, massages work to soothe the mind and take away any tension that might be overpowering you.
Massaging techniques and yoga often go hand in hand to encourage meditative effects on the physical and mental aspects of the individual. Kapal Randhra Dhauti is a yogic massage that combines tradition and yoga to induce relaxation and restore energy in the individual.
Kapal Randhra Dhauti
Kapal Randhra Dhauti is a recommended practice to boost overall well-being. This practice involves gentle washing and massaging of the scalp. In Sanskrit, Kapal is the word for the seventh chakra or head and Randhra means hole, referring to the hollow area of the head.
A wellness Kriya known for its calming effects, Kapal Randhra Dhauti is known to stimulate the Sahastra Chakra, the chakra that promotes meditation and concentration.
Kapal Randhra Dhauti Directions:
Kapal Randhra Dhauti is recommended to perform in the morning after you wake up. You will need access to water to perform this exercise.
The following steps will help you practice Kapal Randhra Dhauti:
- Whether it’s in the bathtub or the sink, gently cleanse the top of your head using lukewarm water. Lean forward to pour the water on your head with one hand and rub your head with the other hand, making sure your hand is flat on your head.
- Slowly start to lower your hands to massage the temples or the sides of your forehead. Use circular motions with your thumbs switching between clockwise and anticlockwise rotations.
- Then, press your middle fingers on either side of your nose and massage gently close to your eyebrows.
- As you stop massaging, exhale forcefully.
- Dry your hair immediately after the practice.
Benefits of Kapal Randhra Dhauti:
Kapal Randhra Dhauti is a powerful technique that especially benefits one’s mental health and well-being.
Added benefits of Kapal Randhra Dhauti include:
- Protects the individual from depression
- Relieves pain from headaches and migraines
- Induces feelings of relaxation
- Reduces stress and feelings of anxiety
- Opens up and cleanses the pores of the scalp
- Boosts oxygen flow to the brain
- Calms the nervous system
- Promotes sleep and combats insomnia
- Improves overall blood circulation
Kapal Randhra Dhauti Precautions:
Make sure to dry your head immediately after this cleansing technique in order to avoid catching a cold.
It is best to avoid practicing Kapal Randhra Dhauti under the following circumstances:
- When it is extremely cold, especially during the winter season
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms
The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Balendu, S. (n.d.). Kapal Randhra Dhauti . Retrieved from http://www.jaisiyaram.com/yoga-poses/kapal-randhra-dhauti.html
Y. (2017, January 16). Kapal Randhra Dhauti – Wellness Kriya – Yoga Central – Say YES to Yoga. Retrieved from https://yogacentral.in/2017/01/16/kapal-randhra-dhauti-wellness-kriya/