Move over avocado toast, artichokes are the next best veggie to add to your toast. If you are looking for ways to add more greens to your diet, this toast will help you do that with ease. Artichokes are extremely delicious and packed with healthy nutrients that regulate body functions and prevent harmful diseases.
Whether you’re trying to up your breakfast game or looking for a healthy snack, an artichoke and egg toast will be your next go-to. While eggs come with a protein boost, artichokes will give you a high dose of fiber for the day. More than that, artichokes are low in saturated fat and have the vital minerals and vitamins that are important for your health.
This artichoke and egg toast recipe does not require a ton of work and is quick to make in your kitchen. You have a choice of how to cook your eggs, but we’re sticking to sunny-side up. Artichokes can be diced or cut into halves, but we know it’s the heart you’ll be after.
Best of all, you’ll find that your trip to the grocery store will be quick and easy, as most markets will carry the handful of ingredients you need for your yummy toast.
Artichoke and Egg Toast Recipe
- Grilled artichoke halves (5 pieces)
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of wheat bread
- 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Set your toaster oven to 350°F and lightly toast the slice of bread. If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can use a regular toaster or your stove oven. Make sure to keep an eye on your toaster to ensure the bread does not burn.
- Once the toast is ready, lightly spread some mayonnaise to coat the toast, followed by the grilled artichoke halves.
- Crack an egg into a non-stick frying pan and cook until the egg white solidifies and the yolk is still slightly runny.
- Use a sharp-edged spatula to transfer the egg on the artichoke toast followed by a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste).