If you’re watching your carb count or sticking to a ketogenic diet, then you’ve probably learned that your morning toast or those weekend waffles just aren’t going to cut it anymore. That said, you don’t have to turn to egg white omelettes as your only breakfast option. Instead, enjoy a scrumptious breakfast like this baked eggs in avocado recipe.
These baked eggs in avocado are so easy to whip up and deliver all the deliciousness of an egg breakfast without any of the carbs that usually go with it. The combination of the creamy avocado and soft, poached egg is absolutely irresistible.
Then, to top it off, you have crumbled bacon and fresh herbs, which give tons of flavor and a slight crunch to this dreamy breakfast. The crumbled bacon alone makes us swoon for this low-carb breakfast.
The best part of this baked eggs in avocado recipe is that it delivers all the healthy fat and protein you need to keep you full and satiated long into lunch. You won’t experience those carb crashes or the fatigue that occurs after a high-carb breakfast like pancakes, waffles, or cereal.
This baked eggs in avocado recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes if you use pre-cooked bacon. After that, the eggs are baked for 15 minutes, making it a quick and easy breakfast for any day of the week.
Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- 1 avocado, cut in half vertically with the pit removed
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Break the eggs into 2 separate bowls, being very gentle so as to not break up the yolks.
- Carefully scoop a yolk into the hollow cavity of the avocado half. Add some of the egg white as well, until the avocado hole is full. Repeat this step for the remaining egg and avocado half.
- Top each avocado half with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer the avocados to a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- When you’re ready to serve, garnish with fresh chives and crumbled bacon.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com