One food you may find yourself missing on the keto diet is French toast. Weekends just may not feel the same without it. This cloud bread French toast recipe, however, will make you feel better about the fact that you can’t enjoy the indulgent brioche version anymore, as this recipe is both delicious and easy to whip up!
If you’re not familiar with the keto diet, then you may be wondering what cloud bread is. Cloud bread is the low-carb alternative to traditional bread. The keto diet is all about consuming the least amount of carbs as possible, making your classic white toast or a fluffy loaf of brioche a big no-no.
Since the basis of a French toast recipe is bread, it’s difficult to make any kind of ingredient swap for it on the keto diet. Unlike a keto egg sandwich or keto peanut butter cookies, French toast just wouldn’t be French toast without the, well, toast! This is where cloud bread becomes a game-changer.
You can either make your own cloud bread or you can find a keto-friendly, low-carb loaf at your local natural food store. Either way, this cloud bread French toast will allow you enjoy your favorite weekend indulgence without sacrificing your low-carb diet.
Cloud Bread French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices cloud bread (or keto-friendly, low-carb loaf)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve sweetener (or another Keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Sugar-free sweetener
- Create your dipping batter by whisking the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in a large shallow bowl.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, melting the butter in the pan.
- Use a fork to dip a slice of cloud bread into the batter, then dip the other side.
- Place the soaked cloud bread into the skillet and fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with sugar-free sweetener drizzled all over the top.
Recipe adapted from sugarfreemom.com