A romantic evening with your Valentine just wouldn’t be complete without a decadent treat to share with your sweetie. This flourless chocolate cake is rich and satisfying, and much healthier than your typical slice of chocolate cake.
Rather than rely on loads of fat and refined sugar, this flourless chocolate cake recipe gets its rich flavor from delicious dark chocolate and naturally sweet honey. Made with just 5 ingredients, this flourless chocolate cake is also an absolute breeze to whip up.
This chocolate lover’s dessert will have you and your Valentine swooning over each and every bite.
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Makes one 8-inch cake
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (70-72% cacao)
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil (measured solid) or unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- ¼ cup special dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8” spring-form pan with some softened coconut oil or softened butter. Line the bottom of the pan with a sheet of parchment paper if you’d like to eventually serve the cake on something other than the spring-form pan base.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil/butter to a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture until melted and smooth. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate and butter using a double-boiler, if you wish.
- Allow the melted chocolate and butter to cool for a couple of minutes before whisking in the cocoa powder, eggs, and honey. Whisk until the batter is completely smooth and lump-free.
- Pour the batter into your greased spring-form pan and smooth the batter out into one even layer using your rubber spatula.
- Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes. The cake should look firm all throughout the edges and center. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before removing the sides of the spring-form pan. Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature before serving.
Notes: You can also use regular unsweetened cocoa, however, the special dark version will provider richer flavor.
Recipe adapted from Detoxinista