Date night can often mean a special dinner out at a fancy restaurant, but this can prove to be a difficult scenario on a busy holiday like Valentine’s Day. As an alternative to going out, try treating your loved one to this healthy shrimp scampi recipe at home.
This healthy shrimp scampi has all the great flavor and texture of its restaurant equivalent, but with none of the hassle of going out to eat on a busy night. It’s also much lower in fat thanks to the minimal amount of oil used and lack of butter. Moreover, due to the generous amount fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley, this healthy shrimp scampi tastes vibrant and light.
You can make this dish in under 30 minutes, giving you and your honey more time to relax and enjoy each other’s company in the peace and comfort of your own home.
Serve this healthy shrimp scampi over your favorite pasta or over a bed of fluffy rice.
Healthy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¼ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on or off)
- 6 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley, minced (plus more for garnishing)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges, to garnish
- To a large non-stick skillet, add the olive oil and warm over medium heat. Add the shrimp and sauté until pink.
- Add in the minced garlic and give it a quick sauté just until it’s fragrant, about 30 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to temporarily transfer the shrimp out of the pan and onto a plate.
- To the skillet, add the broth, white wine, lemon juice, parsley, and seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil, and allow it to continue boiling, uncovered, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- To serve, arrange your shrimp next to your desired side, then pour the skillet sauce over the shrimp. Garnish with the lemon wedges and some chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Spark Recipes