Whether you’re looking for a post-workout bite, or you just want a healthy snack to take to work, this no-bake energy balls recipe is a convenient and tasty option. This one-bowl recipe is a cinch to make and can be prepped for the week in advance.
These no-bake energy balls are made with wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, natural peanut butter, and flaxseed. The ground flaxseed has anti-inflammatory benefits, which make it particularly useful for those enjoying these energy balls before or after a workout.
The natural sweetener in this recipe, honey, adds a pleasant bit of sweetness that pairs well with the naturally salty peanut butter. For desired texture, the oats and actual peanuts in the peanut butter give fantastic crunch. Adding the chocolate chips are optional, but they do add a delicious flavor to the energy balls, so we highly recommend them.
Perhaps the best part of this recipe is how incredibly easy it is to put together. You only need a handful of ingredients and one bowl to make these no-bake energy balls. You also don’t have to worry about turning on the stove or oven to create this recipe. Simply chill the energy balls after you’ve formed them and enjoy once they’re set!
No-Bake Energy Balls Recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup crunchy, all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a large, clean bowl. Use a rubber spatula to stir everything together to combine.
- Use a tablespoon measurement to scoop the mixture into your palms. Form small balls and place on a large baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the energy balls for 1 to 2 hours, until chilled and set.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com