Is there a better treat on a warm day than a cold scoop of ice cream? Well, now you can make your own ice cream right at home! This no-churn vegan ice cream recipe is a creamy and delicious frozen treat that can be whipped up with just four ingredients.
No-churn ice cream is a great option if you don’t own an ice cream maker, since you can make the recipe without one. The fact that this recipe is vegan is also a bonus, as you can be sure that everyone will not only enjoy this recipe but be able to eat it as well!
To create this vegan ice cream, you’ll need coconut cream, frozen bananas, vanilla beans, and almond milk. The combination makes this vegan ice cream creamy and naturally sweet.
Everything is prepped inside a food processor or blender until it’s combined and smooth, then poured into a container to be frozen and chilled. While this no-churn vegan ice cream requires a bit of planning, since you need to freeze your bananas ahead of time, it’s really easy to whip up and makes for a healthy ice cream to have on hand during the warmer season.
No-Churn Vegan Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2-4 tbsp almond milk (or cashew milk)
- Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Place the bananas in a ziplock bag and freeze overnight.
- The next day, add the frozen bananas, coconut cream, the seeds of the vanilla bean, and 2 tablespoons of almond milk into your blender or food processor. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes, until puréed and smooth. Pause to scrape the blender or food processor bowl halfway through. Add more almond milk if the mixture looks too crumbly.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe dish (such as a loaf pan), and freeze for 20 minutes. Take the ice cream out and give it a stir, then freeze again for another 3 to 5 hours, or until chilled and firm.
- Once the ice cream has become firm and set, remove from the freezer and let it rest out on the counter for 3 to 5 minutes. Then use an ice cream scooper to serve.
Recipe adapted from OrganicAuthority.com